- Connection to be checked for tightness.
- Casing surface to be kept clean.
- Terminals are protected with petroleum jelly or Vaseline.
- Specific gravity to be check with hydrometer. 1.21 Charged Condition & 1.18 Discharged Condition
- Batteries to be topped up with distilled water.
- Check & clear vents to ensure H2 gas produced is vented.
Safeties to be observed while operation & maintenance.
i. Use hand gloves & safety goggles while adding distilled water, shifting of battery, or checking sp. Gravity.
ii. Use insulated spanners to tighten terminals (No Sparking, short-circuiting should take place)
iii. Use plastic bottle or jar to add distilled water.
iv. Should not be left in discharged condition for long period.
v. If adding acid, then first put little Acid, then add water & do the same process.
vi. No naked lights to be taken inside.
vii. No smoking inside battery room.
Post a Comment